Monday, August 4, 2014

This week was AWESOME!

This week was AWESOME!


We baptized Erika! It was so sweet. She had to go through a few interviews to be able to get permission but finally we got her in the water! It was so great to see her there. She really looks like she has changed her life and is ready to follow Christ. We are so stoked for her.

This week we had planned to play Soccer with about 15 young kids to teach and play, but nobody showed up besides two active members. So we decided to just play them 2 v 2. They wanted to bet but us being missionaries, we told them no. They insisted and just to make a long story short, we won 2 rain jackets from Pull & Bear. Haha, we counted it as a lesson because we sure taught them. 

We were in a lesson with some less actives asking how they were doing with their scripture study and their prayers. We asked one brother if he had finished the Book of Mormon all the way through. He replied "No but I almost finished." We asked him where he stopped. He told us the book of Jacob! Hahaha. It was so funny. We all had a good laugh.

So we had 12 investiagators in the sacrament meeting yesterday. It was awesome. 2 of them went to EFY and had an amazing time. They both bore their testimonys in front of everyone. One of them said something I really liked. "I dont tell God about my great problems, I tell my problems about my great God." It made me think how fortunate we are to have a father in heaven who loves us.

That about wraps up this week. But I will be sending plenty of pictures.
Love you all!
Elder Winters




No comments:

Post a Comment