Monday, August 11, 2014

We have lots of work

So this week was pretty fun. We have had LOTS of work.
But I'm guessing that is exactly why I am here right? Right.

So I'm not sure whats been going around but this week alone we stopped to help 5 different groups of people push cars. Maybe the Lord thinks we are getting a little chubby so He is giving a chance to thin down a bit. Either way it was been really fun pushing cars and helping people out. They always seem so surprised we actually help them. Hahha

We met an older couple of missionaries and they invited us to go clothes shopping with them today. We accepted. We showed up to their house around 10:30 this morning along with some sister missionaries, there they made us breakfast. Then we went out at about 11:30 to find some clothes. We ended up not finding ANYTHING haha. But it was fun. I never thought old people could be so full of life before. But it was really awesome.

We have 9 baptisms planned for the 23rd of this month! So be ready for a LOT of pictures coming your way. Its going to be one of the best days of my life :)

Yesterday at church a member from the Stake said something I really liked. He said "Poverty is NOT humility". How true. Just because we try to be humble doesn't mean we should live in dirt huts eating grasshoppers. It means that, just as the Nephites, when we receive blessings, instead of becoming prideful, we should be even more grateful for all the many blessings that he gives us. I really liked that thought.

I love you all and thank you for always writing. I hope all is well!
Elder Winters



No comments:

Post a Comment