Monday, September 9, 2013

We can all feel peace from our Savior Jesus Christ

Hola mis amigos!
We finally had the opportunity to baptize Victoria and her daughter. It was super cool. I baptized her daughter and my companion baptized her. They are so awesome.

Last Monday night we met a new family and taught them for the first time and committed them to be baptized and they all said yes! Super exciting!

I've been making tons of friends all around here in Mexico and they always yell my name whenever they drive by or we walk by in the streets. We are helping people love the missionaries.
This week teaching has been so cool. My companion is going home in three months so he cant really focus on the work so I take the lead on everything. I start all the lessons, teach, and he just adds his thoughts occasionally. (I cant spell in English). I get to practice so much Spanish by myself as well as find out for myself what people need.

This week the lights went out when we were in a lesson with a ton of people, like 15. And there were four kids and it was pitch black. There just happened to be a flashlight on the table so I took it and shined it underneath my face and started to make scary noises and ALL the kids started crying and the parents were just all dying laughing. I was pretty proud. Hahahaha.

I love hot food right... So we were eating this habanero sauce at a members and it was hardly even spicy, so I told them I'd eat a full habanero. So I did. And the first ten seconds were fine. AND THEN I DIED! I ate 6 huge pieces of watermelon in probably 40 seconds flat. It was terrible. My companion couldn't stop laughing and I'm trying to stop the burning but I'm laughing too so I'm half eating, half choking, half dying with this watermelon. The family members all have their cameras out taking pictures and laughing hysterically. We all had a pretty big kick out of it all. haha

Another lunch appointment we had this week, WE ATE SO MUCH FOOD! And for the first time on my mission I fell asleep at a members house on the couch after lunch while they were all looking at google maps. And I'm not sure exactly how this happened, but I was dead asleep, but they were talking about something and I woke up long enough to just tell a joke that had them all laughing their heads off, and then fell right back asleep. If that's not pro, I don't know what is.

Today we had a zone activity where we all got together and we play 4 on 4 soccer for hours on end and winners stay, well my team was so beast mode today so we played for 3 hours straight. I'm pretty tired to say the least. And then after, a member came to the church and made us all, all you can eat tacos. I ATE 12 HUGE TACOS! I feel so sick but it was so worth it. The tacos here are so good. The guy that came is in our area and asked if we wanted to come back later tonight to his house to eat again but I'm set for the next three years. haha

Well I love you all. If you guys have questions about anything, ASK ME!

This church is real. We can all feel peace from our Savior Jesus Christ and his atonement for us. I know this to be true my friends! I have truly seen it work in my life.

I love this work, and love you all. Keep me updated on your lives and I'll continually do the same.
OH! BTW!  Here are my companion, Victoria, her daughter, and me!

With much love,
Elder Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment