Monday, September 30, 2013

We had our 4th baptism yesterday!

Hey Family and Friends,

So this week my companion left to a different part of the city so I'm only with Elder Chacon in both areas. We are doing a lot of work! His companion and he have been teaching this family for 3 months and couldn't put their date for baptism. So I took that as a challenge :)
We went over there and taught them about baptism for two hours. We fought, laughed, they cried, everything that could happen in one lesson, happened. After these 2 hours they both committed to be baptized in 2 weeks! It was so rewarding to see them truly desire to change forever. I already love them.

I am going to have my first kid tomorrow! Which means I'm going to be a trainer to a new missionary! Its so exciting! Ive already had 4 companions and I'm excited to have one longer then 5 weeks.

We had our 4th baptism yesterday! Hermanan Eulalia Hernandez Hernandez. It was super funny. Her grandson did her baptism did her baptism but she was SO SCARED! So every time he went to dunk her she wouldn't go under all the way. They ended up having to do it 4 times! It was super funny but also a very spiritual baptism.
Thank you to all the family and friends who have sent me cards! They were all very funny. Especially the one that said "Adams state for life" and nothing more. hahaha

So we only had one incident with people being rude, well I guess two.

The first was a 15 year old kid trying to rob me and my companion. I just asked him if he knew anything about Americans, he confusedly responded that he didn't know anything. I started to laugh and was going to say something super weird but when I started laughing he kinda just thought I was crazy and turned away and walked away. But we were walking the same way that he came, so as we started walking again he thought we were following him and starting booking it! Probably not the best way to invite him to be baptized. haha

And the other which happened the same day, outside the house of a member (her mom isn't a member) we knocked on her door. And her bitter old mother said she wasn't home and slammed the door. She was home. So I knocked again, she opened and asked me if I was deaf and started to somewhat yell at me, but when she went to slam the door I got my foot in the way so I could try to talk to her daughter. I opened the door slightly and the lady had walked inside the house, and the next thing I know she was running (but for an old woman more like scuffling) towards me with a bowl of chicken bones and started to throw them at me and was yelling a whole bunch of mean words. haha, it was funny. We got to talk to her daughter about it with her daughter in church on Sunday and apparently her mother didn't say anything about it to her daughter. SUPER COOL! haha

Well I'm loving Mexico and I hope you enjoy my stories!

Love you all!
Elder Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment