Monday, August 12, 2013

Week 5 -- 1st Companion is going home


So last update on Daffy, HE WAS MUY DELICIOSO. Literally tasted like steak.
 
This week we did divisions. Its where you spend 24 hours with a different missionary to see how the work and hopefully get good ideas or tactics from them. It was pretty fun. I was with a 4 foot kid from Guatemala named Elder Chacon. He kept pinching me throughout the day so I threw him in a trash can. He got stuck. Then I had to help him scurry his way out of it. He wasn't too happy but the pinching stopped. EXITO!
 
They have Red bananas here? They are very sweet and pretty bomb. We bought 6 kilos to eat this week.
 
A family in a ward has this book of the New Testament with one column in English and the other in Spanish, AND THEY GAVE IT TO ME! FOR FREE! They don't read very much and they know I want to learn a lot more so they gave it to me. Its the coolest book ever! We have some sweet members.
 
We met a guy from LA this week. He got deported 13 times and so he cant go back. But he's interested in learning more and wants us to teach him so we will see how that goes.
 
This week. During a family home evening, I did a Photo-shoot with a Wig and a Cat. It was so funny and the members were dying. I did some posses like it was a football, some like it was part of my clothing, it was just a grand old time. I'm finally developing a Mexican sense of humor!
 
A return missionary and I were talking this week and he asked me how long I had been here. I asked him how long he thought and he said 6 MONTHS! WHAT! Holy compliment! I told him 5 weeks and he could hardly believe me. The Spanish is getting better and better but I often find myself wishing I was fluent already.
 
Our water heater broke this week so every day is a cold shower at 7 AM. ITS TERRIBLE! I just know my wife will be more attractive if I keep doing it without complaining too much. 
 
Were kind of getting bored going and seeing the same people so we decided we are going to become friends with them instead so whenever we go to their house we have them teach us something new. Sometimes its how to cook new things or how to fix things in a house. Its cool because they feel smart, we learn, and we become closer. So its working!
 
One thing about Mexico, whenever you knock on a door, the kids are automatically going to lie to you no matter what its about so you HAVE to trick them into telling you what you want to know. Its awesomely annoying. haha.
 
Well my companion goes home in 3 days so we bought a full chicken and 4 pineapples that we are going to eat on his last night here. Like a feast. Its going to be SO GOOD! He's very excited. I'm kind of jealous but I want to learn more and more here!
Love you all! Please keep writing me!
Sorry this one wasn't too exciting.
Ill pick some fights for next week for you all.
Love,
Elder Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment