Monday, August 5, 2013

Week 4

MISSIONARY HUMOR MOMENT! I have found a new game, I like to eat hot stuff but my companion cant handle it at all. So I went and bought a lot of dried, super hot peppers, and I ate one in front of him and told him they were dried berries. He proceeded to eat a couple and after about 2 minutes was in tears. I WAS DYING! hahaha, I convince him to eat tons of hot stuff. And I tell the members he LOVES it! So they try to make our food as spicy as they can. He likes me... haha
 
So an update on Daffy (our pet duck if you aren't reading my letters). He is still alive! We gave him an extra week to eat more. We bought him 5 kilos of tortillas to eat to get bigger. THAT IS 11 Pounds! But we are going to go kill him right after I send this email. MWAHAHAHA. But seriously, hes going to be the pet that keeps on giving.
 
A guy tried to rob me and my companion so we started acting crazy and yelling at him in English, he didn't like that. So then he tried to grab my watch to take it from me. I gave him a little shoulder bump and strictly declared "NO" haha. He tried to get bigger with me so I took off my backpack and said "NO" again. The second time he got a little bit afraid especially since he realized it was 2 on 1 and he was only 4 feet tall. He proceeded to shake my hand, told me I had . . ., and went on his happy way.  My companion couldn't believe that this happened twice already with me and both times we came out victorious. He likes that I'm bigger then most of the people here, but not the fact that it just makes people want to try to act more tough.
 
We saw these two old dudes fight this week. They were drunk. It was HILARIOUS! People were running out of the woodworks to try to watch. My companion and I were just sitting laughing so much.
 
I got a piece of glass in my foot this week from a broken mirror, so my companion became a handy dandy doctor with his surgery kit and cut it out. All is well, kinda.
 
So there is no more rain! And that's nice. The last time it rained we had to sweep the water out of our apartment... what... that never happens in the states.
 
Everybody asks my companion why he doesn't have a Mexican girlfriend here, and when he tells them that they're so dirty they get so offended and call him racist. At these moments I act like I can't speak Spanish and try to read something. haha
We keep running into this girl, she's 21 and she's in love with my companion and I. She is a friend of a member and we tricked her into letting us teach her the gospel. I said I needed more help with Spanish and she could act like an interested investigator and give me feedback. Sooooo I had to teach her by myself. BUT SHE REALLY LIKED IT! Crazy right, I think she just likes us. But we have another appointment tonight. Its hard not having a crutch of a companion but it pushes my linguistic skills.
 
So my companion is District Leader.
 
Here, they don't put eggs in the fridge! Only outside! Its really weird. haha, but they don't go bad.
Our Bishop came up with a good idea to offer self-sufficiency courses at the church and go to the tents to sell the idea. 42 people signed up in 4 hours! We told them the missionaries will stop by to talk to them and they were all cool with it. So we have 42 new referrals! Its going to be a busy week.
 
Last but not least, the difference of Jesus we've been teaching this week is that He came to save us FROM our sins, not IN our sins. Many people believe it to be the other way around. How nice to know we have an opportunity of letting all our regrets go if we just have faith, a contrite spirit, and a broken heart.
 
ALL IS WELL IN MEXICO!
I Love hearing from all of you! KEEP IT UP!
LOVE,
Elder Winters

No comments:

Post a Comment