Monday, September 1, 2014

I came to preach, not play lacrosse

So this week was rather slow but it still was a great week!
Today we headed out to Tepito to try and find some Mexican flag ties, but that was not too successful.

This week all besides one of our recent converts made it to church. Along with them we had 4 investigators. We should have seen more but I think the lazy bug was getting to people lately.

Saturday night we went to a dance night where we saw the last group of students from a Mormon school dance. It was a very cultural night and very enjoyable. I also got to see Elder Fike and Elder Porter.

On Sunday, the sisters from the ward had 2 baptisms! That makes 10 from just our ward this month! So exciting to know that we are actually making a difference. Tonight we will find out if one of us has changes so we will have to see what happens this next coming week.

Not much more to report on. We should be having another baptism in just one week but I will let you guys in on the details a little more down the road.

One of the Vila brothers invited me to play lacrosse here but they don't play til Mondays at 4, which isn't bad, but its kinda far so i wouldn't get home 'til like 8. So I told him no because I came to preach, not to play.

I love you all!
Elder Winters












No comments:

Post a Comment